Set My Picot Free Award Winning Clones Lace 6

Clones Lace

Originally uploaded by stitchlily

One of our dear CLF members, aka StitchLily, took a class on Clones Lace in in Clones, Co. Monaghan, Ireland. Being that Stitchlily is Irish, and was trying to get more into her Irish Crochet Heritage and the fact that she did this IN HER CLASS…says to me that Stitchlily SET OUR PICOT FREE!

Stitchlily, this is fabulous, gorgeous,and a beautiful “practice” piece! I can’t wait to see what else you make with all your new hot crochet skillz!

This piece is awarded the CLF Set My Picot Free Award for outstanding crochet excellence, and a good showing of the clones knot, which isn’t used often enough IMHO.

About Laurie A. Wheeler

Laurie A. Wheeler is a blogger, crochet addict, yarn designer and champion for independant artisans and crafters. She is also known as Fearless Leader of the Crochet Liberation Front.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

6 thoughts on “Set My Picot Free Award Winning Clones Lace

Stitchlily

I am honoured! Thank you so much, CLF!
    Though my little doiley is very rough and humble compared to the astounding work done by the other women who attended the course. These ladies have been working away quietly for years, and produce the most beautiful work. Really, it has to be seen to be believed.

The sheer joy of being able to sit with fellow crocheters, and chat nothing but crochet for 4 days was an experience not to be missed.

camanomade

I think that would have been a phenominal experience! I’m glad you had the chance to experience it, and enjoy the “gestalt” of being with so many life long lovers of our beloved art!

kaet

And thanks to Stitchlily, I was all signed up to do the August version of this class. Oh well, I’ll just have to get married instead! ;) (I am working on some Irish crochet motifs to fit in somewhere or other, though.)

cloneslace

Orla
    You are a brilliant ambassador of Clones Lace and of Freeform Crochet in Ireland! You’ll have to go into my blog in a few days, when I get more photos up. BTW, Kaet, I was sorry that you were not able to come to Clones. best of luck with the wedding and your new life. Maire

Maven

Beautiful work! I’ve been wanting to learn more of the fundamentals of Irish Lace/Irish Crochet. Wish there were some classes nearby (downstate NY), or even an “Irish Lace/Irish Crochet For Dummies” type book out there.

Beautiful work!

online stock trading guru

Hey, I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say GREAT blog!…..I”ll be checking in on a regularly now….Keep up the good work! :)

I’m Out! :)